Enrollment in all teacher education programs follows the guidelines for "Admission to Teacher Education Programs" found in this catalog. Applicants who do not yet meet all admissions criteria should consult with the department.
The Teacher Leader courses address the many powerful ways teachers can, as leaders, meet what a coalition of State Education Chiefs and District Superintendents (called Chiefs for Change) have outlined as three key challenges: affect education policy, create constant improvement through innovative practices, and solve critical issues in schools and districts.
1. Evidence of a valid permanent or professional certificate in classroom teaching, pupil personnel service, or administration that was issued by any state or national government (submit one copy with application).
2. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
3. Three recommendation forms that attest to applicant potential as an educational leader. Recommenders’ email address must be entered in the online application.
4. Statement of leadership interests, goals, and relevant professional and community service.
5. An interview providing evidence of successful leadership potential.
6. Evidence of satisfactory verbal and written English language skills.
EDL 559 PRINCIPLES IN CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 607 SITE-BASED LEADERSHIP (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 630 CURRICULUM LEADERSHIP (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 702 EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP FIELD EXPERIENCES 1 (1 Credit Hour)
Total Credit Hours 10
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.