Teacher Candidates should become familiar with the following resources:
Spring advisement begins in October and extends into November. Watch for an announcement from your advisor concerning dates and times.
Your programmatic requirements and other important information are available in the handbook you were given upon acceptance into your major at your mandatory department orientation:
Please reach out to your advisor whenever you would like to discuss courses, program options, or ideas for getting involved on campus and in the professon. We can help you navigate the many requirements for becoming a teacher!
Peruse the official New York State Teacher Certification Exams (NYSTCE) website
- view free outlines and sample items for each test
- purchase full-length practice exams
Check out review books recommended by your peers
- NYSTCE: Complete Prep for the CST (Kaplan Publishing Group)
- How to Prepare for the CST (Barron's Publishing Group)
- NYSTCE: NYS Teacher Certification Examinations (XAMonline study guides)
Contact faculty for advice and guidance
- Dianne McCarthy -- advice and resources to help with the Math portion of the multi-subject CST
- Corinne Kindzierski -- advice about the EAS
Review general information about certification exams and when to take them
Have you ever thought about studying abroad but wondered if you had the time and money? Consider one of our upcoming International Professional Development School programs!
Want to get more involved in professional development and service opportunities for teacher candidates? Consider applying to be a PDS student representative!
It's never to early to start thinking about graduate school! Learn about our Accelerated Pathways to graduate school where you can get started early in your graduate program and have a seamless path between your undergraduate and graduate degree.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.